Taxi insurance is a type of for-hire livery coverage designed to protect taxi drivers, their vehicles and passengers. Taxi services differ from limo, black car and ride sharing businesses because their fares and pickup locations are often random and unscheduled, and they don’t use luxury vehicles. This creates a different type of insurance risk.
Taxi insurance covers more than traditional taxi cab operations. It also includes other businesses such as airport shuttle services, sightseeing tours and certain ride share risks.
Taxi insurance requirements
They can vary based on a variety of factors that include:
- City and state of operation – every state will have their own set of rules
- Age and type of vehicle – older cars may not be acceptable
- Driver’s age and driving history – drivers under the age of 25 may not be accepted
Taxi insurance cost
The cost of commercial taxi insurance considers many rating factors. Some of these include:
- Your location of operation
- Your driving record
- The type and age of vehicle(s)
- The types and amount of coverage
It’s important to have a policy that both fits your budget and provides adequate protection.
Get a taxi insurance quote! Call today to speak with a licensed expert who can help answer your questions and guide you through a taxi insurance quote that meets your business needs.